Let love be in you...


This is not a blog about spiritual love, but the love you feel for yourself and things that have made you be who you are, at least from my experience. I won't promise to be absolutely impartial as most of this is based on my own personal growth.

Why love? it is a good question, if you feel love inside you, the way you behave, talk, work completely change... and I am not talking about the passionate love, even though that is a good one. I am specifically talking about the love you have for your own self!  That one you know no matter what you will always have, that kind of love that is unmeasurable, indescribable, nonsense. That´s the love I am talking about. 
Once you realize that is the only thing you have for sure in your life, then it moves you forward, it makes you achieve what you want because you know no matter what you do, there will always be someone loving you (yourself).

Recently I was reading a very nice book called "The invention of nature" from Andrea Wulf and what I found more exciting about this book is the love that you can feel while reading it, I literally read the whole book in a day because I couldn't stop. 



It is basically about Alexander Von Humboldt´s journey around the world, the friends he had and the crazy relationship between his will to go different unexplored areas and the love he had for the life he always wanted to have. I won't smash your reading, but I will mention that only the need to fulfill that emptiness inside you is what makes you push through. It happened to Humboldt which is today considered the "Hero of science" and the "father of ecology" after these journeys I mentioned. He was able to feel nature as a global force that is connected and inspired naturalists, philosophers, poets and writers with the letters about his perceptions. How amazing? How possible is to inspire people to achieve what they want based on what you have done by simply loving and believing in yourself?

I haven't always loved myself, I didn't believe in what I could possibly do, I was a very insecure, shy, and sad girl that was screaming inside to be loved because I never thought I would ever fulfill that emptiness by just loving me. So I tried to find love in other people, tried to show them I was "worth" having simply because I needed to feel loved, and I was ready to give all of me to have it, I could say It worked, but I would be lying to you. It gave me a bittersweet feeling, I had "fake" love, people told me "they loved me" "they wanted to be with me forever" and couple months after they forgot my phone number and my complete self fully destroyed.  Crazy right? I also tried to find that feeling with friends, until I started feeling nonsense jealousy about them. After lots of relationships this kind I had to stop! it was driving me crazy! I couldn't believe that no one ever wanted to be with me... so something was wrong... and guess what? there was a common pattern, me!

That's why I know you might think this is bullshit! and I don't blame you! I was the same. I had literally to eat sh*t a hundred times to realize that only until the day I love myself I would stop my inner cry. 

Loving yourself is not as simple as saying it, it involves accepting yourself physically and internally. Understanding that you are not perfect at all! your beauty is not based on your physical appearance, but you as a human being! who hasn't felt comfortable while talking with someone that has always a smile on its face and a shine in its eyes? those people have something somewhere that makes you like being around them! I bet you have met at least one person like that in your life! and I am 80% sure any of them think they are perfect, but what they have in common is that they love themselves.

So I have created my life motto, "Be that one, you would love to be with" fill yourself only with good things! if you are a bus driver, be the best bus driver in town! if you are a caretaker, be the most professional loving, caring one! be that one you would hire if you were a boss. Be that person that many people want to be around with! and do you know how could you do it? guess... by Loving Yourself! believe you can have it and then you will have it. Believing in it is the first biggest step. And don't get me wrong! this is not be accepted in society, or to find someone who loves you or marry you or whatever.... Its to be confident about you! anything that could happen after you are complete just with yourself will be the result of that prettiness in you.

Go look at you in the nearest mirror, and tell that person, "you are all I have and you are the most important person of my life!" "so I am going to do everything to make you feel happy!" "I will do everything to look after you!" "I won't let you cry!" "I won't let you down!" "because without you, Im nothing!" love yourself! if you don't like your body, think about how perfect is a life that you are still breathing, that your body is functioning perfectly! your heart is still beating! If you think you are not pretty enough then be a beautiful person! have the shiniest eyes and the most lovely smile ever! I bet more that one person would look back to you! because you will be so beautiful! Smile! you can change the world by just smiling babe! believe me.

Hope this blog inspires you and makes you at least think that you could do something different. I am encouraging you to check it often and see the ways I have found to love myself and who knows? maybe you could find something interesting or we could even share our experiences! 










Comments

Popular Posts